With a title like that, you just have to try this recipe.
1 whole chicken, cut into sections
2 Tbs fennel seed
1 Tbs paprika
1/2 Tbs sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 Tbs oregano
1/2 Tbs chili flakes
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Start by grinding your spices together. You can pop them in a mortar and pestle or just into a spice grinder for a few seconds.
- Add olive oil to the spices and mix.
- Pat chicken completely dry!
- Top each piece of chicken with the spice mixture and rub it in there. Get it in every nook and cranny you can see!
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon over chicken pieces.
- Grill outside for about 10-12 minutes per side. I use a thermometer to ensure each piece reaches 165F. Since you have thighs, breast, legs, etc the cooking times will vary slightly.
- I grill the lemon I juiced as well and squeeze it over the top of the chicken when done.
I serve this with baked potatoes that I slice down the middle, coat with olive oil and salt and then grill for about 5 minutes. Once done, I toss them in a few tbs of parmesan cheese and some fresh herbs. I used basil and parsley for this.
Enjoy! Be sure to tag me on instagram if you try it out!
Leave a Reply