Easy to make, delicious to eat! These bowls are packed with my two favorite f-words, flavor and fiber. Great to make for meal prep or just your typical week night meal. This meal comes together in under 30 minutes.
As always, be sure to tag me if you make this recipe!
389 calories per serving
252 grams per serving
15 fat | 41 carb | 32 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Bison Bowl on MFP and MF to log!
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup quinoa dry weight
- 1 lb bison
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 218 grams (1 large) yellow onion diced
- 3 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 107 grams (about 5 cups) kale raw, chopped
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) low sugar dried cranberries
- 1 oz fat free feta cheese
- Start by rinsing your quinoa in water (removes the bitter taste). Place into a pot with 1 1/2 cup chicken stock and bring to a boil. When it boils, turn to low and place top on pot. Allow to cook until quinoa fully absorbs stock. Fluff with fork when done.
- Add your oil to a pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and plenty of salt and pepper. Allow to become translucent (about 10 minutes) and move to one side of pan. Add in ground bison and cook throughly (7-10 minutes).
- Add in your kale, cooked quinoa and stir. Add cranberries and feta cheese on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free!
- To make dairy free, use a dairy free feta.
- To make vegan or vegetarian, use DF cheese and a plant based meat alternative.
- Don’t like bison? Use, ground turkey or ground beef.