If I find myself at the beach and holding a menu, 9 times out of 10 I am ordering blackened mahi. There’s something about the spices and flaky fish that screams coastal vibes.
Typically, these sandwiches are most certainly served with a delicious coleslaw piled high on top (and if its not, order something else). So, I decided to elevate this one and add honey-crisp apple to it. Not only does this add a level of sweetness, but it gives yet another layer of crunch that I find even more appetizing.
If you don’t have mahi, I highly suggest trying this recipe with grouper!
Macros without the bun
10 fat | 15 carb | 22 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Mahi Sandwich on Myfitnesspal to log
Blackened Mahi Sandwiches with honey-crisp apple slaw
- 300 grams cabbage shredded
- 4 ounces coleslaw dressing I used Lighthouse
- 80 grams honey-crisp apple diced
- 1 lb mahi mahi (4, 4 ounce fillets)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh crack black pepper
- handful of arugula
- sliced tomato
- Combine the spice rub for the mahi mahi and generously coat each peice.
- Spray a pan over medium heat with olive oil spray. Cook mahi mahi for about 4 minutes per side.
- Combine the ingredients into a bowl and mix. I like to do this ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator.
- Toast a bun of your choice and add the arugula, mahi, a good serving of the coleslaw, a slice of tomato and enjoy!