Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, 4 ounces each
- 2 cups steamed broccoli finely chopped
- 4 ounces non fat cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese I used the Rushing Review winner- Tillamonk
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked broccoli, tsp granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well. You can use a food processor to pulse and blend quickly.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika and more salt and pepper.
- You can either pound your chicken out (put in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and pound out with a heavy pan or rolling pin OR you can butterfly your chicken breast. To butterfly the chicken, place your hand on top of the chicken breast, slice horizontally, and stop about a half-inch from the opposite side.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper and paprika blend.
- Spread about 1/4 of the broccoli and cheese mixture on one side of the chicken. Close the chicken breasts and use toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil spray in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. I used cast iron. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side and then place it in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the toothpicks and enjoy warm!
I served this with rice and it was such a hit!
289 calories per serving
11 fat | 6 carb | 35 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken on Myfitnesspal