Never thought I’d say this but, who needs the bread when you can have this Bruschetta Chicken?
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1 oz slices
- 15 oz fresh cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Add the chicken breasts to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, seasonings, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the chicken and turn to coat.
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and add the tomatoes to the pan. Toss everything together so the tomatoes are coated.
- Place back into the oven for 7 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through and tomatoes have burst, remove from the oven and top each piece of chicken with 1 oz of the mozzarella.
- Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with fresh basil
8 carb 15 fat 31 protein