- 16 ounce chicken breast, cooked and then shredded
- 200 g, white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 172 grams, Orange Bell Pepper – Organic
- 3/4 c chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 110 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounce, fat free cream cheese
- 84g reduced fat mozzarella shredded cheese
- 420 g, spaghetti squash (cooked) (half of a large one)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, I added more of course)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Start by cooking and shredded your chicken breast.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Microwave your spaghetti squash for 3-5 minutes so its easier to slice.
Slice and roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and turn temperature to 350F.
In a pan over medium heat, spray olive oil spray and add the onions, peppers and salt.
When the onions becomes translucent, add the garlic and cook another 3-4 minutes.
Add in all your remaining spiced.
Add in the cream cheese in chunks and pour in the stock. Mix until the cheese is completely melted.
Add in the shredded chicken and 420g of the cooked spaghetti squash noodles.
Pile into prepared 9×13 casserole dish and top with the mozzarella.
Bake in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes. I broiled it for the last two minutes to get the cheese slightly golden.
Top with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
282g per serving
4 fat 19 carb 39 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Cajun Chicken Casserole on Myfitnesspal