Who doesn’t love a loaded chicken soup?
Packed with veggies, tender chicken, and broth, this Chicken Enchilada Soup is easy to make and sure to please!
287 calories per serving
About 458 grams per serving
5 fat | 29 carb | 31 protein | 6 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Chicken Enchilada Soup on Myfitnesspal or MacrosFirst!
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 16 oz chicken breast raw weight
- 175 g yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cup chicken broth reduced sodium
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce mild (I used old El Paso)
- 10 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans reduced sodium, drain and rinsed
- 8 Tbsp reduced fat cream cheese spread
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt + more to taste
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add your chicken and cook until cooked thoroughly, about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove from water and shred with a hand mixer.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil spray and the onions and salt. Cook until translucent and add the garlic. Cook another 2 minuets.
- Add in spices and stir.
- Add in enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, beans, stock, and cream cheese.
- All cheese to completely melt and add in chicken. Stir.
- Add in cilantro and any additional salt to taste.