Move over Chicken Noodle, there’s a new soup in town.
No, but really. Every Fall, I look forward to soup season. But my most favorite soup is always a toss up between chicken noodle and chicken and dumplings.
So, this year, I wanted to make something a little more innovative, so I took one of my favorite foods (enter gnocchi) and combined it with two of my favorite soups.
This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and is the perfect meal to cozy up to.
About 611 grams per serving
9 fat | 60 carb | 27 protein
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 medium (190 grams) onion diced
- 1 large (130 grams) carrots diced
- 3 stalks (85 grams) celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken (Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 10.5 oz rotisserie chicken breast (skinless) shredded
- 17.6 oz gnocchi
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Salt and pepper
- Start by placing a large pot over medium heat and add your oil.
- Add in onion, celery, carrots, garlic and plenty of salt and pepper. Salt helps the veggies sweat so don't skip it! Cook these down until the onions are translucent (about 8-12minutes).
- Add in your seasonings, stock and cream of chicken. Allow to come to a simmer before adding in your gnocchi.
- When the gnocchi float, add in your rotisserie chicken and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm! I topped mine with a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese and more herbs.