Okay, so…what started out as Chicken tortilla soup quickly became just chicken soup when I realized I did in fact not have any tortillas. Believe me, you won’t miss them in this.
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (I save the liquid from when I make shredded chicken in the crockpot for soups)
- 1 can (15 oz) Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
- shredded Cotija cheese
- More cilantro
- Step 1
In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chipotle chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2
Stir in corn, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 3
Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with avocado slices, cheese, cilantro and hey, some tortilla chips if you have said tortillas.
4.5 fat. 30 carb. 29 protein.