New year, still me making burgers…
Juicy burgers topped with chili, melted cheese, crispy onions, and candied jalapeños, to be exact.
Arguably one of the most underrated burgers, and a new fave!
Note: I buy my candied jalapeños from a restaurant nearby, but you can find some online!
Macros without the bun so you can use whatever you would like! I love Daves Killer buns.
Macros per burger without bun
11 fat | 3 carb | 27 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Chili Cheese Burgers on Myfitnesspal and MacrosFirst!
Chili Cheese Burgers
- 75 g white onion diced
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans, reduced sodium
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 16 oz 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 2 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 Daves Killer Burger Buns not included in macros
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings
- Candied jalapeños
- Fried onions
- Start with the chili.
- In a small pot, add some olive oil spray and cook the onions until translucent. Add in one clove of minced garlic and stir.
- Add your tomatoes, black beans and spices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 6 minutes over medium low heat.
- Use an immersion blender to pulse the chili a bit to get a thicker consistency. This is key. If you dont have an immersion blender, you will need to remove the chili and blend in a blender but be careful as its hot. Allow it to cool slightly before you put in a blender. Do not over blend. Just a few pulses.
- In a bowl, combine the ground turkey, remaining garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Cook on a grill or griddle over medium heat until cooked throughly.
- Divide the cheese on top of the four burgers and cover to allow it to melt thoroughly.
- Toast your buns and place each patty down, evenly divide the chili among the burgers and top with cilantro and jalapeños if desired.