- 1/2 a medium onion diced (100 g)
- 580g cooked shredded chicken
- um to large spaghetti squash (mine was 750g cooked spaghetti squash)
- 1–2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c diced or stewed tomatoes
- 12 oz adobo/chipotle sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 c low fat shredded cheddar cheese, (84g)
7 fat 23 carb 37 protein
- Cook spaghetti squash however you like. You can roast it cut side down which is my preferred method or you just poke it a few times and stick the whole thing in the microwave for 5-8 minutes which is what I did for this!
- Cook your chicken breast (about 3 large ones gave me the amount I needed). I boil mine for 40 minutes and then place in a deep bowl and shred with a hand mixer.
- Carefully cut the hot microwaved squash in half widthwise, scoop out seeds and insides with a spoon scoop careful not to pull out too much of the good stuff.
- Using a fork, scrape the squash into strings to get them all loosed from the skin and add them to a very large bowl.
- Add chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and chipotle sauce to the bowl with the squash and stir well! It’s a lot, so get ready for an arm workout.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes till the top is melty and bubbly. If you want it to brown a bit like mine, broil for an additional 3-5 minutes. But watch it closely so it doesn’t burn!
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!