Recently Adam and I flew out to Lake Tahoe. The scenery there? Incredible. The plane snacks? Equally incredible. Okay, maybe not equally but pretty darn good for a free plane snack. These cranberry almond bars are inspired by said snack. They are packed with almond butter, oats, rice cereal (for the best crunch), honey and dried cranberries. SO simple and SO tasty. These can act as great energy snacks or even a small dessert.
You can roll these into balls or cut them into little squares like I did. Either way you do it, they are going to be phenomenal. Oh, did I mentioned there’s 4 grams of fiber in each serving? Yeah. You’re welcome.
Now only are they tasty, but these come together in NO time. So whether you are using for your weekly pre-workout, a snack or nightly dessert, you’re going to love them.
For the choice of almond butter, I want to use something with very simple ingredients. I chose MaraNatha creamy almond butter, but you can use anything you fancy. Depending if salt is listed in the ingredients, you may have to add or lessen the amount based on preference.
181 calories per serving
8 fat | 24 carb | 5 protein | 4 fiber
Cranberry Almond Bars
- 1 cup creamy natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups rice crisp cereal
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries reduced sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- salt to taste
- Combine the nut butter, honey, and extract in a mixer until well incorporated.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until throughly combined.
- Form into balls or place in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and let set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- This recipe is natural gluten free if using certified gluten free oats and gluten free puff rice cereal.
- To make vegan, use agave nectar in place of the honey.
Leave a Reply