Chicken noodle soup is a classic. To me, there was nothing better than warming up to a bowl of soup with a side of grilled cheese, of course.
Chicken noodle soup is balanced in and of itself regarding macros. You’re going to find protein, carbs, and fat. But the thing that it lacks the most is fiber. When I was making this recipe, I really wanted to focus on increasing the fiber and the overall protein content. I wanted to make something that was hearty, but that wasn’t going to break the bank when it comes to macros.
I feel like I did just that, without sacrificing any flavor. The traditional flavors that you knew and loved growing up are still at the forefront of this soup.
454 grams per serving
344 calories per serving
13 fat | 35 carb | 21 protein | 7.5 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup on MFP.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 180 grams yellow onion diced
- 180 grams carrots diced
- 80 grams celery
- 8 oz chickpea rotini pasta (Barilla) dry weight
- 322 grams rotisserie chicken breast chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 10.5 oz can 99% fat free can cream of chicken
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 oz fresh parmesan cheese grated
- 2-3 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2-3 tsp sage chopped
- 2-3 tsp thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, herbs and salt and pepper. Cook until translucent.
- Add in the broth and water and bring to a strong simmer.
- Add in the pasta and let cook 8 minutes until al dente.
- Add the chicken, cream of chicken, cream cheese, and more salt and herbs to taste. I like a bit more rosemary and thyme in this but flavor is up to you.
- Cook until cream cheese is completely melted and dispersed throughout.
- Serve with fresh parmesan grated on top!