Creamy tomato soup is one of those must-have items when you’re sick, and let me tell you Adam and I have been sick. Between the muscle aches, and the fever, the only thing we found ourselves wanting to eat was soup. So, before Adam passed along his sickness to me, I made him this homemade creamy tomato soup. Little did I know I would be consuming the leftovers because death fell upon me as well.
Luckily, we are both feeling good as new now.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes
- 28 ounces tomato puree
- 3 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1 cup fat free half and half or cream
- 3 tbs fresh basil
- S&P to taste
- Start by heating the oil in a large soup pan or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes and plenty of salt and pepper.
- After about 5 minutes, add the crushed tomatoes and the stock. Allow to cook for 15 minutes .
- Use an emersion blender to blend the soup, crushing all the cherry tomatoes.
- Strain the soup and place back into the pan.
- Add the cream and fresh chopped basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Reply