Listen, I’ll be the first to admit, chicken thighs are not my go-to. I prefer chicken breast, but when I stumbled across these Chicken Thighs for Pollo Asado in Costco, I knew I had to give them a try.
Fun fact, Chuck (my dad, if you’re new here) lives and breathes for chicken thighs so when I tell you this was his favorite dish I have made in awhile, I’m not lying.
This is a crockpot meal, meaning it simply could not be easier. You throw in the ingredients in the crockpot and leave! Come back to it in 3 hours and you have a delicious meal (which serves A TON) ready and waiting.
I chose to top this with a bit of cotija cheese and cilantro of course, but the macros do not include those, so feel free to add whatever you fancy on top!
About 275 grams per serving
11 fat | 30 carb | 40 protein
Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Saffron Rice
- 1 package Costco chicken thighs for pollo asado
- 1 1/2 cup yell saffron rice dry
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Combine the ingredients into a crockpot and place on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken and rice are both cooked throughly.
- Top with a squeeze of lime, cotija and cilantro!
Leave a Reply