Say hey, hi, hello to your newest chicken obsession. This herby chicken is inspired by the hundreds of green goddess chicken recipes I have been seeing.
Chicken not your thing? No problem. This sauce would go great with shrimp, salmon, tofu, or even over skirt steak.
Roughly 4 ounces per serving
4.5 fat | 4.5 carb | 31 protein
Green Goddess Chicken
- 16 oz chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
Green goddess sauce
- 170 g nonfat greek yogurt (fage)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 83 g red onion
- 1 cup basil fresh
- 1 cup cilantro fresh
- 1/2 cup mint fresh
- 3 tbsp dill fresh
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Start by pulsing the red onion, garlic and herbs in a food processor. Add the greek yogurt, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and blend until well combined.
- Set aside
- Remove the tenderloin from the chicken (optional but a must for me)
- Toss the chicken in about 1/3 of the sauce and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly in 2 batches on a grill or pan with 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Remove chicken from pan/grill and top with more sauce.
- To make this recipe dairy free, use a dairy free yogurt
- This recipe is naturally gluten free
- Serve with roasted potatoes, quinoa or rice, or in a your favorite whole grain bread or wrap