It’s soup season, which goes right along with cornbread season. I found Krusteaz in stores and figured I’d try their cornbread mix, but spruce it up a bit. My version is incredibly easy and adds a kick with jalapeño!
This simple recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and takes around 30 minutes start to finish! Comes out buttery and delicious every time.
163 calories per serving
4.5 fat | 26 carb | 3 protein
- 4 cups Krusteaz Cornbread Mix
- 1.5 c cups water + 1.5 Tbsp
- 2 jalapeños 1 diced, 1 sliced
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F and place your cast iron pan inside so it gets hot.
- Combine the cornbread mix, water, 1 diced jalapeño and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and spray with olive oil spray. Pour in your batter.
- Top with the remaining cheese and the other sliced jalapeño.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- To make the recipe gluten free, ensure the cornbread mixture you are using is gluten free.
- To make this recipe dairy free, substitute a dairy free cheese.
Leave a Reply