- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even 1/2 inch thickness – see note
- steamed white rice for serving optional
- 2 tbs olive oil
- juice of 2 limes 2-3 tablespoons
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 cup pineapple grilled and then diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- large handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced optional
- 1 1/2 avocado, grilled and diced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt to taste
- In a medium bowl stir together all marinade ingredients. Add the chicken, toss to coat. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, grill the avocado and pineapple. I like to half the avocado and drizzle the flesh with a little honey and salt to help it caramelize. The avocado is then placed flesh side down on the grill for 2-3 mins. The pineapple takes 2-3 mins per side.
- Dice the avocado and pineapple once grilled and combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Chill until ready to use.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken to a preheated grill or skillet over medium heat and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with pineapple salsa.
16 fat 17 carb 28 protein
I serve with white rice to add carbs! Enjoy!