It may be 98 degrees F outside, but don’t let that stop you from making this soup! Filled with flavors from dill, zesty lemon and a savory broth, this will warm you up inside like the sun is doing you outside.
So, crank up your AC, get in the kitchen and let’s act like its cold outside.
347 grams per serving
7 fat | 41 carb | 32 protein | 4 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Lemon and Chicken Orzo Soup on Myfitnesspal.
Lemon and Chicken Orzo Soup
- 1 lb chicken breast raw weight, chopped
- 8 ounces orzo dry weight
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 95 grams carrots diced
- 95 grams celery diced
- 105 grams yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 7 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 3 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- S&P to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, onions, garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until translucent.
- Add one tbsp of flour and stir. Cook 2 minutes. This will aid in thickening the soup.
- Add 5 cups of stock and chicken. Cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Add orzo, cover and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Add in remaining stock, fresh dill, lemon and more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and sprinkle fresh parsley on top!