Mahi mahi tacos are one of my absolute favorite dinners. What’s not to like? Crunchy cabbage, sweet mango salsa, zesty lime, blackened mahi mahi all covered with a chipotle aioli. These would rival any beach tacos you’ve had, and trust me, I’ve been to a lot of beaches.
Probably the only fun fact about me is that I lived in Maui for an internship right after my undergrad. Lucky? Yes, I know. I was and I still am. It’s been over 7 years since I left Maui and not a day goes by that I don’t think about it. Not one single day. The only thing that stands out more than the sandy beaches and golden pink and red sunsets is the food.
Maui prides itself on fresh ingredients, whether it be the fish itself, all caught by the fishermen in the morning, or the locally grown pineapple, ingredients in Maui are unmatched. My small amount of time on the island taught me to appreciate the use of fresh ingredients that pack a punch of flavor.
Whether you are at the beach or just dreaming of the beach, give this recipe a try!
3 tacos per serving
428 calories per serving
13 fat | 54 carb | 26 protein
Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 8 oz Mahi mahi
- 2 tbsp Chili lime seasoning (I use Cuisinart)
- 6 White corn tortillas (I use La Banerita)
- 2 handfuls Purple cabbage chopped
- 1 mango diced
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 1 Jalepeno seeded and diced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 handful Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Light mayo
- 2-3 tbsp Diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I use La Costena)
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of salt
- For the fish, coat the fish liberally in the seasoning. Cook in a pan over medium high heat for 6-8 mins per side.
- Combine the ingredients for the chipotle aioli in a small bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the mango salsa in a small bowl.
- On a charred corn tortilla, layer a bit of the aioli, purple cabbage, mahi mahi, mango salsa, more cilantro and a squeeze of lime.⠀