The easiest and quickest dinner that will have you never ordering take out again.
This Mongolian chicken takes less than 30 minutes and is packed with flavor from a ginger and garlic sticky sauce. Its absolutely divine and can be paired with so many things!
I love serving this with rice, some edamame (high protein and high fiber!) and some steamed dumplings (trader joes find).
Best thing about this sauce? It can go with any protein!
Want this on shrimp? Have at it! How about salmon? Go for it! Beef? You got it. This is SO versatile and will be a new weekly staple.
6 fat | 19 carb | 29 protein
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce I use low sodium
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tsp ginger I used ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Toss the chicken chunks in with the cornstarch. You want it to lightly coat everything. This will give the sauce something to stick to.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil and the chicken. Cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is slightly golden on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside .
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk. Add to the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring with a rubber spatula constantly. The sauce should gradually start to thicken.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and allow the sauce to coat each piece. Cool another 3-5 minutes.