Listen, I’m just going to say it. I haven’t always loved pasta. It actually took meeting my boyfriend, Adam, to start cooking pasta as much as I do because this kid is literally made of said pasta. He could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but thankfully he has me as a girlfriend and doesn’t have to. You’re welcome honey.
Anytime we travel, we like to pack as much food as we can on the road. Number one, we are hungry. Number two, we both eat a lot. Number three, we are both frugal. Number four, fast food just sucks.
This recipe was created in spur of a recent trip to North Carolina. Obviously a 4 hour car ride calls for pasta, right? Right.
Side-note, if it was an hour long trip we would probably stick pack this.
This pasta salad is good warm or cold so its perfect to take for lunches to work or eat for dinner.
Loaded with broccoli, bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, snap peas and bursts of flavors from fresh herbs, this will turn anyone into a pasta lover, myself included.
About 243 grams per serving⠀
297 calories ⠀
2 fat | 41 carb | 28 protein | 5 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Pasta Primavera on Myfitnesspal
- 224 grams rotini dry weight
- 256 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 grams snap peas
- 100 grams red onion cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces chicken breast raw weight
- 75 grams broccoli florets blanched
- 100 grams bell pepper sliced
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup your favorite dressing we used Ken's lite Caesar
- Start by coating your chicken in salt, pepper and 2 cloves of the minced garlic. Spray a grill pan with olive oil cooking spray and cook chicken throughly on each side. Allow to rest and then slice. ⠀
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your pasta. Allow to cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain. ⠀
- In a large sauté pan, add some spay olive oil and the onions and the remaining garlic. Allow to cook for 2 minutes. ⠀
- Add the peppers, peas and broccoli. Allow to cook for 4 minutes. ⠀
- Add your sliced chicken and drained pasta. Stir.⠀
- Add tomatoes and remove from heat. ⠀
- Add your choice of dressing and salt and pepper to taste!