This chicken salad recipe will easily be your new favorite (fully aware I say that with each new recipe but it’s true).
I originally had this in Palm Springs during a hike. We stopped at a local juice store and I grabbed a wrap for the hike, little did I know, that wrap would be filled with so much flavor.
This recipe is quick, easy and packed with flavor and when paired with a whole grain toast, it’s super balanced and satiating!
Prep this for your week ahead and see how long its lasts (I recommend doubling the batch to be honest).
This recipe is written without grams simply because I forgot my food scale (I’m at my beach house and didn’t even think of it, but I feel like its pretty hard to mess this up, so don’t get your panties in a wad).
Macros (chicken salad, no bread)
1/3 of mixture
13 fat | 2 carb | 29 protein
Pesto Chicken Salad
- 3 cups (12 ounces estimate) rotisserie chicken breast, no skin chopped
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1/4 cup jarred pesto (I used Mezzetta)
- 1-2 Tbs fresh chopped parsley (basil would be great too!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix!
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free
- This recipe can be dairy free by using a dairy free yogurt and pesto