This salad has all your favorite veggies loaded into one bowl, accompanied by juicy steak and flavorful blue cheese. Blue cheese, not your thing? No problem! Substitute for Parmesan cheese and call it a day.
This is yet another salad to implement as much variety as we can. We’ve got kale, roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus, and brussels sprouts!
This is a high fiber meal with adequate protein, carbs, and fats. This meal is going to leave you satiated and full, unlike some other salad recipes you may have tried. Implementing variety into a salad is key to turning it into a balanced meal.
16 fat | 36 carb | 34 protein
Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
- 8 oz sirloin steak raw weight
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 315 grams sweet potato raw weight, chunked
- 150 grams brussel sprouts sliced
- 110 grams asparagus chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Season steaks liberally with garlic, rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper. Cook on a grill or pan over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss sweet potato, brussel sprouts, asparagus garlic and salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Spray liberally with olive oil spray. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Gently massage the chopped kale in your choice of low fat dressing (macros do not include this). Massaging the kale aids with digestion.
- Start by placing kale into a bowl, add steak and veggies and top with blue cheese crumbles.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- To make dairy free, use a plant based cheese.
- To make vegan or vegetarian, use dairy free instructions and a plant based meat alternative.