Another day, another recipe inspired by HalfBakedHarvest. If you don’t have her cookbook, Every Day, I could not recommend it anymore. This recipe is cozy, yet filled with nutrient dense foods to keep you satiated and fueled.
I do try to make some of her recipes a bit more macro friendly and this one can easily be done by adding chicken for more protein and by reducing the amount of oil and cheese for less fat.
1/4 dish per serving
16.5 fat | 38 carb | 29 protein | 10 fiber
Searchable on MFP and MF.
Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 200 grams rotisserie chicken breast w/o skin chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) reduced fat pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) fat free feta cheese crumbled
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- greek yogurt/sour cream
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes wedges in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the taco seasoning and gently toss with your hands to evenly coat. Spread the wedges out onto one or two baking sheets in an even layer (if you crowd the pan, they will only steam). Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more. You want the sweet potatoes to be tender, but crisp.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and top with chicken, beans and the pepper jack cheese. Place back into oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted throughly.
- Remove from oven and add remaining ingredients on top.
- Can serve with avocado, greek yogurt or sour cream and hot sauce.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- To make vegan or vegetarian, omit the chicken. You can replace with a plant based meat alternative. Use a dairy free cheese.
- To make dairy free, use a dairy free cheese.
Leave a Reply