Ingredients for Taquitos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 125 grams onion, diced
- 8 oz. fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 12 ounce (raw weight), chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 130 grams black beans (Reduced Sodium), drained and rinsed
- 125 grams canned whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon, diced chipotle peppers in adobo (can just use adobo sauce or if you dont want any heat, use green enchilada sauce)
- 8 tortillas white corn tortillas, small
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup cilantro
Start by cooking and shredded your chicken breast. I tend to roast mine in at oven at 375F for 30 minutes and then shred it using a hand mixer.
Spray a large pan over medium high heat with olive oil spray. Add the diced onion and 1/2 tsp salt to allow it to sweat. Cook about 5 minutes and add your minced garlic, cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Add in your corn, black beans, cubed cream cheese and adobo sauce. Stir everything together until the cream cheese is melted.
Add in the chicken and cilantro and stir until well combined.
Remove the pan from the heat and spoon about 100g of the mixture into each tortilla. These babies will be full. They will probably rip as you are rolling since they are corn tortillas, its okay, keep trucking’ along.
Spray a large pan with plenty of olive oil spray and place the stuffed tortillas seem side down. Allow them to cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until golden. You may want to respray the pan when you flip them.
For the cilantro lime crema, add the ingredients to a food processor and blend.
Serves 4 (2 taquitos per serving)
2 fat 37 carb 39 protein
Cilantro Lime crema:
Serves 4 (about 60g per serving)
0 fat 3 carbs 5 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Taquitos on Myfitnesspal
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Cilantro Lime Crema on Myfitnesspal