Take Ina Garten’s iconic meatloaf, and make it healthier (but just as delicious) – and you’ve got this easy dinner recipe.
Just mix together a handful of common ingredients, throw them in a pan to bake, and you have a quick, high-protein meal.
286 calories per serving
12 fat | 17 carb | 32 protein
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Meatloaf on MyFitnessPal or Macros First
- 2 lbs 93/7 ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 56 g plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 200 g onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp thyme fresh
- 1/2 cup organic tomato ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat some olive oil spray in a medium sauté pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown.
- Turn off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, and chicken stock. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and egg, and mix lightly. Do not over mix! Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper or place into a bread pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meat loaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meat loaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.
Leave a Reply