Veggie Loaded Stir-Fry
- 1 cup white rice dry
- 175 grams white onion diced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil halved
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 100 grams bell pepper diced
- 148 grams broccoli florets chopped
- 16 ounces chicken breast raw weight
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Start by cooking your rice in 2 cups of water. Fluff with a fork and salt slightly when done.
- Bring a medium size pot filled with water to a boil and blanche the broccoli. Blanching means placing the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green in color. Remove and immediately place the broccoli into an ice bath. Strain. This keep the broccoli crisp but cooked (fun fact, I despise steamed broccoli as it turns to mush).
- In a large wok or skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 tbs olive oil and cook your chicken. I season with salt and pepper. Remove when cooked thoroughly.
- Place the pan back over the heat and add the remaining oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, rice, chicken and liquid aminos and sesame oil. Stir.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
342 grams per serving
371 calories per serving
Macros per serving
8 fat | 45 carb | 31 protein | 3 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Veggie Loaded Stir-Fry on Myfitnesspal.