Chili is one of those meals I feel we all know and love, but to be honest, I was about sick of the bland, tomato based chili with saltines. I decided I needed to elevate chili once and for all. And believe me, I did.
This chili is packed with flavors from roasted poblanos, corn, cilantro, salsa verde, chicken and cream cheese. I promise, you haven’t tasted anything like it.
As winter comes to a close, we turn less and less to chilis and soups so use this time to get this recipe in your lineup for meals this week. You will not regret it.
Verde Chicken Chili
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 190 grams Yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 large Poblanos diced
- 2 cups Herdez salsa verde
- 2 cups Chicken broth low sodium
- 15 ounce Whole Kernel Corn canned, drained
- 15 ounce White beans drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces Reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 lb Chicken breast raw weight
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your chicken breast. Cook thoroughly. Remove from water and shred with a hand mixer. ⠀
- In a very large pot, add the olive oil, onion and salt. Cook until translucent and add the garlic and poblanos. Cook for about 5 minutes. ⠀
- Add your broth, salsa verde, beans, corn and cream cheese. ⠀
- Cook until cream cheese is melted. ⠀
- Add in your cooked shredded chicken. ⠀
- Top with plenty of cilantro!⠀
300 cals per serving⠀
About 385 grams per serving ⠀
10 fat | 26 carb | 24 protein | 5 fiber ⠀
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Verde Chicken Chili on Myfitnesspal and MacrosFirst!