Did I have you at whipped feta? Because, same.
As I mentioned in recent posts, my new found love of pasta has opened a new world of possibilities to me…
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Penne Alla Vodka
Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe
Baked Penne Alla Vodka with Turkey
I could go on and on, but let me tell you about this one. Super quick, easy, and so delicious! Sun-dried tomatoes are cooked in oil with garlic and shallots then tossed with penne pasta and fresh herbs. I added ground turkey to this to up the protein. When the pasta is tossed with the creamy whipped feta cheese it melts into the most delicious sauce.
About 200 grams per serving
11 fat | 47 carb | 28 protein | 6 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Whipped Feta Pasta on Myfitnesspal.
Whipped Feta Pasta
- 8 oz penne raw weight
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 100 grams shallot diced
- 1 lb 93/7 ground turkey raw weight
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes julienne cut (not in oil)
- 12 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz fat free feta cheese
- 1 lemon juiced
- handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne until al dente. Remove and strain.
- In a food processor, add your feta cheese and whip until light and fluffy. Add in a good pinch of salt and pepper along with the juice of a lemon.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. To the oil, add in the shallots and garlic, then toss in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes in the oil until they begin crisping and almost become fried. This will really help to intensify the flavors in the sauce.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook throughly. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and the cooked pasta and then dollop the whipped feta mixture into the pasta.
- Top with fresh basil.