I think it’s pretty clear by now that I love salads. Shocking right? A nutritionist that loves her greens. But I put a lot of thought behind my salads. It’s not just lettuce and some boring dressing, but rather tons of flavors, fruits, veggies, grains, all balanced with a protein. I think the best way to make a salad more than just, well, a salad, is by incorporating all macronutrients to it to really balance it out and actually keep us full and satiated.
This wintergreen salad was actually inspired by one Adam and I had in an airport. With garlic roasted baby gold potatoes, goat cheese, dates, grilled chicken and honey crisp apple, what’s not to love?
Gone are the days of boring salads with lack of flavor and vibrancy. I am here to show you a salad doesn’t have to be boring, bland or one noted.
- 4 Pitted Medjool Dates chopped
- 215 grams Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes halved
- 8 ounces Chicken breast raw weight
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 40 grams Apple sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Goat cheese crumbled
- 5 cups Greens I used spring mix and arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss potatoes in half a tablespoon of olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Toss chicken in remaining olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grill until cooked thoroughly.
- Lay your greens out and add roasted potatoes, dates, apple, chicken and goat cheese.
- Top with dressing of your choice. I used a Girard's Champagne Vinegarette.
13 fat | 54 carb | 34 protein | 8 fiber
Search Rushing to the Kitchen Wintergreen salad on Myfitnesspal
*recipe does not include dressing so you can add your own*